Monday, September 10, 2012

My Subject

For the next month and a half or so I will be blogging about the college price bubble. If you are wondering what this is, good, maybe you will keep reading. The main reason I will be writing about this is because it pertains to me. I am looking at going to college next year, but I have to consider, among other things, is it worth it? Is the price worth the reward? Currently I do not know much about this topic. What I do know is that the price of college keeps going up. What I will be learning is why does the price keep going up, is a college degree worth the price, will the price ever go down, if it does, when and why will that be, and are there other viable options. As I learn about these topics I will share what I learn with you, my audience. Speaking of my audience, the ideal audience for this blog will be those who are considering college. I will not claim to be an expert of any kind, but I will attempt to compile meaningful, credible, information into something easy to read.

1 comment:

  1. The collision of a bad economy and shifting expectations in the work force certainly has landed higher education in hard times. Tuition is high, and many people are question alongside you whether a college education pays off the way that it used to.

    I think the start you have looks great. For now, leave your explanation broad since you're not quite sure yet where you'll be digging for information or what you'll find. I would encourage you to stay open to the possibility of focusing the blog more as you learn more. You have a number of good sub-topic, so if you start to be drawn towards one of the them, you might want to pursue it doggedly. Readers wouldn't get all the questions answers if that focusing transpires, but they should feel well enough informed about one of the sub-topics. And, since you selected an audience making major decisions, that information is priceless.

    Can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete